For our company-wide online job board, please follow this link:
Plymouth Energy, a Delta T designed ethanol plant, has an immediate opening for a Production Operator and Maintenance Tech at our Merrill, Iowa facility.
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learn and operate all processes and equipment associated with the plant
• Learn and operate DCS (computer control system)
• Learn and follow procedures for plant start-up, shut down, cleaning and batching
• Maintain accurate and efficient logs.
• Analyze complied data and make adjustment(s) to optimize plant operation
• Communicate effectively with all personal details of what has occurred and what is supposed to be done during the next shift including the instructions in the log book
• Loadout commodities
• Become a certified operator of rail mover, forklift, wheel loader, man lift, and skid loader
• Communicate inventory and quality control to Production Supervisor and others as needed
• Perform quality control test on product streams
• Notify shift supervisor of any issues or concerns regarding plant operations, etc.
• Maintain plant facilities by practicing effective housekeeping procedures
• Complete any and all tasks assigned by supervisor
• Maintain a team environment with all other employees and departments while providing a high level of customer service and a friendly atmosphere
• Promote Plymouth Energy in the community
Safety: Safe work practices are a condition of employment. All employees must report any safety issue or problem to your supervisor and safety coordinator immediately.
Physical Demands & Work Environment: Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps and lift a minimum of 50 lbs. Will be exposed to high noise levels and high dust levels at times. Continuous operation requires rotating shift work. Qualified individuals will work at elevated heights, be able to adapt to 12-hour workdays, be able to meet call-in requirements as needed and be able to work in all weather conditions.
Education/Language Ability: Individual must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers. Individual must be able to work with fractions, metric system, percentages, and decimals. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend the English Language and able to legally work in the United States.
Reports to: Mantenance Manager
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures the efficient daily mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic operation of the plant and facilities.
- Repairs or replaces plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Collaborates with the production team to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Assists in diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical controls and maintenance-related issues.
- Assists with new installations and other projects as requested.
- Maintains plant cleanliness and works in a safe manner at all times.
- Has a strong instrument background.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis.
- Industrial Instrumentation experience.
- Electrical experience.
- Two-years experience in maintenance and repair of electrical controls and equipment
- Experience in electronic instrumentation, DCS/PLCs, is preferred, programming is a plus.
- High school diploma. Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade certification as electrical and/or instrumentation is preferred.
- Ability to work in a cooperative, team=based environment.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to work at elevated heights and in confined spaces.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Required to be on-call as assigned.